Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I never truly knew worrry...

until I became a Mother.

July 29th was a scary day for Daniel and I.  We knew our boy was going to be ok, but we sure couldn't stand even the thought of our sweet baby being in pain.  We couldn't stand the thought of him being taken away from us scared before being prepped for surgery.  We couldn't stand the thought of him being put to sleep.  We couldn't stand the thought of any of it.  There were a few times while we were waiting for JMc to be called back that Daniel just wanted to make a run for it and forget the entire thing.

Sure, a circumcision isn't a big deal.  They are done every day. That said, this was our first time since being parents to have our child put to sleep. He had tests done in Korea and we worried about him, but we weren't physcially there to hand him over to the nurse.  There is a difference in the worry now that he is home with us.  Even in simple day to day situations, we worry.  Daniel and I have always been worriers.  Me more than him. I'm known to borrow trouble.  I try to have faith in every situation, but my brain starts working over-time and I can get myself pretty worked up.  I certainly thank my friends who know this about me, yet love me anyway.  I'm so very thankful for those of you that talked me through this little procedure.  You know who you are, and I love you!

We started out by going to see our urologist, Dr. Phillips.  He and his staff were so good to us.  We could not have asked for a better doctor or medical staff.  John McRae can really get freaked out by going to the doctor, but he was really at ease with everyone there.  The wait each time wasn't long, either.  At the pre-surgery consult, Dr. Phillips requested that we have an ultrasound done to recheck John McRae's mild renal pelvic dilatation that was diagnosed in Korea.  We thought we were just going in to get a surgery date, and of course this is when I started borrowing trouble again.  When we got to the hospital, we got checked in and didn't have to wait long at all for the ultrasound tech to call us back.  The tech was very nice and seemed to be very far along in her pregnancy.  I wanted to ask her about her baby and say congrats, but as I've learned through experiences of my own and of those that I love, just because there is a baby bump, doesn't mean there is a happy story to go along with it.  I am very sad that I can't congratulate folks as I used to, but I guess I'm a bit gun shy these days and sensitive to the feelings of others. The tech went on to tell us that she was in fact due in a few weeks, but this was after she asked about our adoption.  She and her husband had seriously considered adoption and were planning on going forward with the process, but then she finally became pregant.  Can you imagine the years she worked there doing ultrasounds for happy parents when she was struggling with infertility? Sure she was happy for them, but I'm sure that she wanted to be in their shoes so badly. See why I am so cautious of those congrats? We never know what someone is feeling on the inside.  Now, that I've went around the world with this story..I'll continue to JMc's test findings. Our special needs boy is 100% completely healthy and we do not have to have another kidney ultrasound! God is good and He is an almighty healer!

Here is a photo of our boy the night before surgery.



TURN YOUR HEAD SIDEWAYS :)

Then, there was the day of surgery.  We got to the hospital about 5:45am and JMc was called back at 7:00.  The first few minutes there were traumatic because he DID NOT want to change into that gown. He knew something was up!

After surgery, waiting on him to wake up.





After we got home, we laid down for a nap. He was sore all day and was in a great deal of pain when we got home.


When JMc woke up the next morning, he was roaring to to go!




Yesterday, we went back for our check-up and the doctor said JMc is doing great. The stitches will worth themselves out on their own and we do not have to go back.  The visit was quick and easy.  We even got to stop by and see Aunt Ally on our way out of town.  Too bad we didn't get a picture of that! We did snap a quick picture before leaving home yesterday morning. Pictures just don't do this little cutie justice!

Our boy is doing great and ready for a fun football season!

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers! We are glad to have this behind us!
XOXO,
Stacy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see ya'll yesterday! Love ya'll!