Thursday, November 3, 2011

Country Life


 Yes, that is a cow mailbox which has been in the same spot for a little shy of 30 years. My MIL got it one year for Christmas when they lived at our address. She (the cow) has had a rough life. This isn't her first hit and run. She's a tough cookie, and is currently standing really loosely, with little support of her wobbly pole. It is time that she retire, but I just can't let her go. (& have you checked the price of cow mailboxes lately? ...Dumb question, I know...They are close to $300!)

We came home, the night prior, to see the deer who done this laying between the pole and the mail box. At first, I wondered who I'd ticked off causing them to want to demolish our mail box.  Then, D spotted the deer. I chose to take a photo after the deer had been removed, for your viewing pleasure. You are welcome. ;)

I still don't know if the car hit the deer which totaled out or mail box or if the car hit the mail box totaling out the deer. Either way, the end result was a dead cow and a dead deer.
Daniel was hacked off because the individual didn't stop to remove the deer from our yard.  I thought to myself that they had more important things to worry about (their damaged car) and cleaning the poop from their pants. By the time he got home, his mindset had changed. He figured it was the least he could do.

Never a dull moment at our house, that is fo sho.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh I so get this! We live out in the country and this has happened to my mom and dad the 45 years they've lived on their farm! Dad finally got tired of it and for about 5 years, each Halloween he'd put up a mailbox that was full of hardened concrete! He got a kick out of it every year! lol Sorry about your loss! ;)