Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful for Emma!


I know I have blogged about my Aunt Emma several times, but she is the kinda gal that deserves it!

Emma is more than my Daddy's sister. She is my best friend from as far back as I can remember. She is my "sister." She is the one that knows everything about me, yet still loves me. She and I share a special bond that only family can. It doesn't matter what others think of us or our family because even though it isn't always good and easy, there is always love, understanding, history, life lessons, and a special bond. There's no doubt Emma has helped me through some really tough times. She never judges me, and ALWAYS has my back...probably when we both know I'm far from on the right track! I'm the same for her. I'm totally 100% Team Emma all of the time. We are sweet, Southern ladies, but we can be a mean pair when messed with!
I woke up with her on my mind this morning, as I do many mornings. In November, I'm on the bandwagon of posting what I'm thankful for on my Facebook status. This morning I set my status that I was thankful for my Aunts Emma Linn & Sherrie Johnson. Then, my dumb butt realized that I TOTALLY FORGOT EMMA'S BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY! I feel like total doo-doo! I promise, promise, promise that I'm going to make this up to you when I see you for Thanksgiving! I just can't even put in to words how lousy I feel.

Best Friends for 28 years!
This pic isn't of Emma and I, but it symbolizes her being there for me in my darkest days.





 She's always thinking of me, always sending John McRae something super fun, and just always there with an open mind and a super comfy shoulder to cry on. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing bond with such an amazing friend/aunt/sister. We are super silly together, have the same voice when we talk and some times sing, and yes, we are pretty dang cute!

I love you!
Stacy

1 comment:

el said...

You are the only woman in the world that will ever be my sister. God only know what I would have done without you this past year, dear friend. I love you right down to the Mississippi mud runnin' in your veins!!!

Always, forever, ice ice baby,

frankie d