Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baby Update

Yesterday, I went for my 29 week check-up.  Thankfully, my blood pressure was down from my last appointment so the medication must be doing its job.  Thank God for that.  I was up 3 pounds, which isn't bad considering I had an endless supply of food (including sweets) over the weekend at C4C.  I really think that drinking more water helps. Imagine that. Maybe it isn't just a myth. ;)
I did not have an ultrasound, but there was a strong heartbeat and my stomach measured exactly 29 weeks.  My doctor's exact words were, "You are measuring perfectly."
I had to go in early for a glucose test.  It wasn't bad at all.  Folks had told me it was horrible, but it really wasn't a big deal at all.  My cousin's wife is pregnant, too, and I'm very thankful for her honesty and advice.  She told me it wasn't going to be a big deal.  Just more verification that she doesn't sugar coat or give false information.  =)  I did get a little hungry toward the end of waiting, but that worked out fine, too.
I hope and pray the glucose test results are fine, but I'm trying my best not to worry about it.  Everything else has worked out just fine and no amount of worrying has done me any good thus far.
My appointments are now every 2 weeks so I'll go back on February 11th.


Not a lot to share after this appointment, but I'm thankful it was an easy appointment and that my blood pressure was down from three weeks ago.  It's hard to believe that I'm already in the 7th month of this pregnancy.  In a way it seems like I've been pregnant forever, but then again, it seems like that due date is approaching mighty quickly!!!  29 Weeks & 4 days down & 73 +/- days to go.

XOXO,
Stacy

No comments: