Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby Update - 36 Weeks

Today, I went for my first weekly visit.
It was routine, with two cultures checking for Strep B and any infections.  I'm not dilated ANY.  Surprise, surprise.
My stomach is measuring 38 weeks, but the ultrasound measured the baby at 36 weeks 1 day.  The ultrasounds have been measuring me about 4 days ahead of my due date(which would put me at 37 weeks today), but this one was 2 days behind it.  Very strange, especially since my stomach is measuring even further along now.  The ultrasound tech said that the ultrasound can be off two weeks and it might be off because of the way Sadie was laying.  Her estimated weight is 6.4 lbs, which means she is somewhere between 5.4 and 7.4 pounds.  Gracious, I hope it is on the lesser end because by the time I make it to 39 weeks, I might be dealing with a 9 pound baby girl! Sadie is in position to make her arrival and she literally stretches from the point of exit to my ribs.  Baby girl is filling up my entire stomach from top to bottom.  Maybe that pressure will make a little progress, instead of just making it hard for me to walk.
No contractions.  No dilation.  Minimal swelling, but a blood pressure reading of 166/98...I figure I'll be induced April 5th or somewhere around that time.  Isn't it amazing that my blood pressure was 127/72 when I went for the non-stress test a week ago today at the hospital and it is off the charts today?!?  I tell you, that blood pressure machine at the clinic hates me.  I go back again Monday for another check so I guess we'll see if I've progressed any between now and then.  
Even though I am ready to meet our baby girl, sooner rather than later, I know that I'm very fortunate that I've not had any more problems than I already have.  While I find it a bit annoying that I'm almost 37 weeks and haven't had the slightest contraction, many folks would be so glad if they didn't have to deal with the pain, worry, and annoyance until after this point.  I've not even had a Braxton Hicks!
That pretty much sums it up.
Until next week...

No comments: