Friday, November 12, 2010

TGIF!

Yay, it's Friday!  The sad thing is that the thing I'm most looking forward to is cleaning our filthy house tomorrow.  MIL is going to keep the kiddo, and I'm going to roll my sleeves up and get to work!  You know it is bad when you've been looking for your keys for 3 days. 

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I'm getting into the Christmas spirit a little.  I know, I know, I'm as bad as Wal-Mart, but at least I'm not already planning for Valentine's Day.  It always gripes a me a little that before you can find what you need for one holiday, it is all pushed to the back to where you can't find it because the merchandise is out for the next two holidays.  I'm too much of a procrastinator to buy that early to take advantage of finding the good stuff.  Anyhoo, back to my "Tis the Season" mood...  I see a lot of people already putting up their tree and other decorations and I think it is great!  Celebrating Christ's birth should always be in season. :)  Most of my shopping is done, just a few more things to pick up.  I usually wait until Christmas Eve, or the day before, but I know my life is way too crazy now for such as that.  So while I'm in the mood, I think we may put up the tree this weekend.  (It's actually in the shed, with lights, decorated, just as it was last Christmas.)  It's also the size of a Charlie Brown tree.  So, it should take all of 5 minutes to get the tree set up, and another 2 months to get in habit of saying, "John McRae!  Do not pull that tree over.  John McRae! Do not take those ornaments off.  John McRae!  Don't eat that.  John McRae! You are going to get electrocuted.  Maybe I should wait a few more weeks...
I'm very optimistic that this Christmas will be much more merry than previous Christmases.  Having a child brings a whole new outlook on celebrating holidays and gives you a little more motivation to go through the motions of it all without complaining that you have to be here, there, and every where all at the same time.  After losing Papa & Tuff so recently, the holiday will be sad in a way, but at least we have precious memories and many other blessings to help keep our head up.  Tuff was our only child for 5 years.  So of course, we always bought for him as any caring parents would do, dressed him up in Christmas clothes for pictures.  Gosh I miss my pup. :*(

For those of you who follow for John McRae updates, here they are. :)

19 things about John McRae at 19 Months...
1.) Today is the fourth day in a row that he has not cried when I dropped him off at daycare.
2.) He prefers milk and water.  He'd rather have either over juice or tea any day.
3.) John McRae waves at everyone passing by.  Even if he is inside and hears a car go by.  He's so friendly and doesn't understand why everyone doesn't wave back!
4.) John McRae loves our cows, and pretty much cows in general.  When he sees one he immediately says, "moo."
5.) Besides moo, John McRae says, "mama."  He hums pretty much everything else you try to get him to say.  He is definitely attempting the whole talking thing a lot more these days, though.
6.) He still can not stand for water to touch his head!  He still screams bloody murder EVERY night when I pour the water on his head to wash it, and then when I rinse it.  It's like it hurts him all over, and just thoroughly ticks him off all at the same time!
7.) John McRae is still sleeping with us, but I can say that he is sleeping more sound and sleeps through the night.
8.) The new toy of choice is blocks these days.  He will put together all of one color.  Then, he'll put together all of another color.  He's a smart kid!
9.) My boy eats. like. a. machine.  You can't fill him up!
10.) We are seeing even more of his personality.  He is the sweetest baby in the mornings, but he has the mentality of "John McRae's way or the highway!" 
11.) John McRae has learned to tell us no by shaking his head.  This really annoys me to NO end. ;)  He can also shake yes. 
12.) John McRae loves corn, bread, green beans and cheese.  I'm so happy that he actually enjoys vegetables!
13.) He knows just how to push our buttons and really thinks it is hilarious. 
14.) John McRae loves to look at pictures.  Especially those of himself.
15.) He still has the sweetest smile that instantly puts a smile on our faces.  His laugh is so precious. 
16.) John McRae still doesn't ride long distances well, but Barney helps it.
17.) He does not care for the dark.  He especially doesn't like riding in the car when it is dark.
18.) John McRae is playing by himself well.  You can see his little imagination running wild.  It's a sweet site!
19.)  John McRae has stolen our hearts, and seems to be attaching and bonding to Daniel and I so well.  He's an answered prayer, and our prayers regarding his transition and bonding are still being answered every day!
Love,
The Benefields :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe your Blog made me cry, I felt so much reading it. Beautiful!