Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bye-Bye 2010

As I begin to type this blog, I keep reading this scripture:
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6
Wow, that sums up our year!

The Benefield household has seen some major changes in 2010.  Some have been wonderful, and some have been tragic.  As this year closes, I realize how blessed we are and know that some day we will understand the reasoning for the bumps in the road we call life.

Here's a recap :)

November 2009
17th - We have a son!

January 2010
We received new photos of John McRae on January 11th!  We went for our FBI fingerprinting, and Homeland Security fingerprinting, met with our wonderful social worker at Catholic Charities, had our septic tank inspected, attended our Pre-Adopt class where we met the Daniel and O'Mara families. :)  We received two medical reports for John McRae in January! 
Daniel, Grandma Johnson and I went to North Carolina to see Emma and her boys.  We had a lovely time, and even got to spend some time with Jeremiah's sweet family, too.

Daddy didn't go, and Daniel didn't make the picture...but this is Grandma and I leaving out for NC!
 What a busy month January was!

February 2010
Daniel joined the 29 club!
Daniel's FBI fingerprints were approved, but mine were not.  I had to resubmit clearer prints...  We received 2 medical reports for John McRae this month.

March 2010
Happy FIRST birthday John McRae!


April 2010
Stacy's FBI fingerprints were FINALLY approved and our home study was sent to Holt!  What a relief!!!
We attended a PBR event in NOLA Easter weekend.  We had a blast, and made memories that will last a life time. :)


May 2010
We received our acceptance email from Holt on the 4th, and received our legals on the 13th!  This was a very exciting month because our EP was submitted, too, on the 27th!
Stacy had a birthday, and it was a great one spent with friends.  Amy brought me a delicious ice cream cake, too!

My sweet husband took me to the beach for my birthday!  It was a fabulous weekend, and we had a lot of fun.  We both love the beach, and our whole trip consisted of "next year, John McRae will be here with us playing in the sand!"


June 2010
Our I-600 was approved on the 25th and WE GOT EP APPROVAL ON THE 28TH! 

July 2010
Emma helped me put together nursery furniture.  

We had Grandma Johnson a birthday party and it was a lot of fun!
July was a tough month, and I thank all of my friends and family for pulling me through it!  A special thanks to Emma, Tracy, Amy and Allyson.  You four kept me from going completely insane during the last part of our wait for Travel Call!

August 2010
I started writing in this blog a little more in August.  For my MIL's birthday, we took a day trip to the beach.  We had a lot of fun walking the beautiful beach, shopping in Foley and eating at my favorite place - Doc's!
August was a busy month, to say the least.  We thought we might get our Travel Call last week in July, or first week in August, but we didn't...  The month of August was spent staying busy and preparing for John McRae's arrival home on August 26th!

August was full of blessings, my mom's tests came back that she was one year CANCER FREE.  Praise the Lord!!!

September 2010 - October 2010
is a blur.
Stacy spent about 9 weeks as a SAHM, learning the ropes of being a mom.  I wouldn't trade these two months for ANYTHING, but I do wish I could remember more about them.  So much, so fast...  I do remember the best part of all, though.  Hearing my baby boy call me "Mama"...wow.  I need to go back and read my blogs, so that I can take it all in and process it all.  So, here's my tip for all of you waiting on your babies to come home...WRITE IT DOWN! :)
During these two months, I lost three precious loved ones.  My Grandpa, our cat - Trina and my sweet Tuff. 
 I sure miss this precious face meeting me at the door everyday.  Ok, now I'm wiping tears. =*(
We had our first post placement visit with our social worker.
October 2010

John McRae started daycare at the end of October and I went back to work full time. 

November 2010
November was a quiet month, but we did enjoy Thanksgiving and John McRae met more family.

December 2010
December has been a very busy month.  We've seen lots of family, and enjoyed the holiday season more than we can ever remember.  It was kind of odd to actually have the Christmas spirit again.  We've not taken down our Christmas tree, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for the holiday to be over with!  We went to Roanoke, AL to see my FIL's family and John McRae rode well and put on a show for his new family.  We were so proud of how well he did on the 5 hour drive, sleeping and eating in a strange place and meeting new people!  We saw most all of our family over the holidays, and that made the holiday so special.  We love our families and are so grateful for them. 
And we will be bringing in the New Year at my favorite place this year.  Fireworks, shopping, Christmas lights, and seafood!
What a wonderful way to end a wonderful year! 


Now that I've tried to think back and remember the highlights of 2010, I more than ever see the importance of blogging!  I know I've left out lots of very important things.  So, if you remember something remind me of it! :)

Here's my resolution list!
1.) Let God have complete control and use me to do His work.
2.) Make sure my family and friends know how much they mean to me and do nice things for them every chance I get.
3.) Make healthy choices
4.) Blog More

Happy New Year!
The Benefields

1 comment:

Leah said...

Love your new blog Stacy! AND I'm taking your advice - writing, writing, and more writing! Love your resolution list, especially #1! :)