Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All I want for Christmas,

is for every one to be healthy!  Seems like we've been passing a sore throat, mucus, etc. around our house for the past couple months.  It's like a never ending cycle.  Lord, please bless us with healthy bodies and a Merry Christmas!

Over the weekend, we went with my in-laws to Daniel's Granny's house in Roanoke, AL.  We were quite nervous about this trip, because John McRae isn't real fond of riding long distances.  He was wonderful, though.  It's about a 4.5 hour drive both ways, and he managed much better than the rest of us!  No whining on his part at all.  We were all so proud of him.  Being the little comedian he is, he provided lots of entertainment.  He's so funny, and so darn cute!  We did watch Barney Goes to the Farm about 3498456468796 times....

Last night, we had Christmas with the Linn family.  I enjoy spending as much time with them as I can, but it makes me miss them so much when they are back in NC and we are in MS.  The boys had fun opening their gifts, and playing.  The adults enjoyed gift opening, but I think we could all agree that watching the kiddos was the best part!

Tonight, we will enjoy more Johnson family time, but sadly, several will be absent due to sickness and the loss of a loved one.  We will miss those who aren't there, but will definitely be thinking of them and praying for them. 

John McRae has done so well since joining our family, and even at first when people told me that the change in him would be unreal within four months, I thought...he can't get any better.  He's perfect.  I see all of his wonderful personality.  He loves us already, and he knows we are Mommy & Daddy...  Well, I can tell a huge difference since Thanksgiving.  He was a bit stand-off-ish (is that a word?!?) around a large number of people Thanksgiving, but it seems that since then, he is more secure and is just enjoying being loved by all of his new family and friends!


I do think I need to give our wonderful daycare credit for some of that progress, though.  John McRae has the best teacher, and the rest of the staff is wonderful, too.  =)

I think I'll go eat some Christmas cookies now to see if it will make my head unstop. ;)

Merry Christmas! 

No comments: