Friday, December 17, 2010

He Is Mine

A sweet adoption poem, acknowledging that our children are entrusted to us by God.
By Valerie Kay Gwin, from Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul

I tiptoed into your room one night.

I watched you sleeping there.

Your tiny body looked so snug

Wrapped in peaceful slumber's care.

I thought of how you came to be

The child we'd longed to know.

I wondered at the sight of you:

"How could she let you go?"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I

Felt the pain she must have known.

For I will have to let you go

Some day when you are grown.

A mother I might never meet

Had given me her son.

Yet, surely as you've filled my heart,

A piece of hers you'd won.

"How could she let you go?"

The question kept returning.

And in the depths of my own heart.

A question kept on burning.

"How can I ever let you go

When years have come and gone?"

I stood there by your crib until

The nighttime turned to dawn.

And as the sun peeked through the shades,

The voice of God broke through.

"I trusted her to give him life

And now I'm trusting to you.

"To show him what is right and wrong,

to love him and to be

The one who teaches him the way

To come back home to me.

"He wasn't hers to give, you know.

And he's not yours to own.

I've placed him in your life to love

But he is mine … on loan."



Today is John McRae's Christmas party at school.  I'd love to see him and his friends enjoying snacks, opening presents and having fun!  He was so cute in his Christmas shirt this morning.   D & I love that boy so much that we can't even put it into words!  We are so blessed by having John McRae as our son!

Lots of fun stuff coming in the next two weeks, and I'm so excited about it!  I can't wait to see family, friends and enjoy delicious food!  We are especially excited because this is our first Christmas as a family of three, and we know that it is going to be extra, extra special!

Merry Christmas everyone :)





Thanks Leah for making us this Korean flag ornament.  It is so special to our family. =)










2 comments:

Leah said...

Tissue please! Snif, Snif. So sweet S! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! Lots of love to you all!

Casey said...

love the pictures and LOVE the poem!! so sweet! i can't wait to see pics of yall's christmas adventures!