Monday, January 17, 2011

Misc. Ramblings

Well, I didn't get the three day weekend like some of you, but I'm going to make the best of it.  Our weekend was laid back, but very nice.  Friday, Daniel and I had a date night.  We went to eat and to Sam's.  Sadly, I wanted to buy groceries on my date, but we needed to get back to get John McRae to bed.  It was really nice to actually eat a meal in peace, though. :)  Thanks Gran and Papaw for watching him! Saturday morning, John McRae went for a haircut.  After his brief nap, we went visiting.  We stopped by to see ReeRee & Uncle Mike, and then to see PawPaw and DD.  We had lots of fun, and ate way too much.  John McRae even got more Christmas presents and both places!  The kid has so many toys now that they are stored in EVERY room of our house.  That's OK though, because he loves playing with them all!  Sunday, we had a lazy day around the house, but I did manage to clean out John McRae's closet and dresser.  It's amazing that the kid already has two garbage bags full of duds to give away.  It's so much neater now, and I really feel like it was a major accomplishment.  Also, Daniel finally took down our tree yesterday, and I took the Christmas cards off of the laundry room door.  We loved all of our picture cards this year.  John McRae especially loves looking at them, so I'm going to put them in an album for him.  That really sums up our weekend, and we are already ready for the next one...and it is just Monday.

Emma and I have a little weekend get-a-way in the works, and I'm really excited about that!

So, an update on my dieting...it's non-existant, but today is a new day and I'm going to really try to stay motivated.  Amy and I plan to start exercising this week, and I hope the rain this week will not hinder us.  If any of you are also fighting the battle of bulge, let's keep each other on track! 

If you've not checked out Leap of Faith on Facebook, go see!  I've added some links this morning that are really helpful!  Tell a friend, too!

That's all I've got, but I'll leave you with a hint of what I deal with everyday...and I LOVE IT!  John McRae is So funny! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You are having so much fun with your little guy. What a blessing?!! Your blog is looking good too!! :)

Stacy said...

Thanks :) We are having lots of fun!