Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Yesterday was a good day, full of good news and unexpected boxed happiness.  If you know me, you know I love to receive packages in the mail.  When it is a surprise, it is even better!  I'm so thankful for my family and friends.  I know I say that a lot, but I truly mean it!!!

My Grandmother has been having blood pressure problems and yesterday she received the results from tests she had done on Monday.  There is nothing wrong with her heart, thank God!  Maybe knowing that will help her blood pressure stay under control from not worrying so much about it.

Yesterday was a good day at work.  I mailed out the last of the tax stuff.  Such a relief to be done with that!!!  We also had a district meeting last night with great attendance. 

My bff, Allyson, dropped by  my office to bring sweet little Harley to see her Auntie Stacy!  Such a sweet surprise. :)  She's just too stinkin sweet and her mommy isn't too bad either.  They brought John McRae some jackets, too.  Thanks so much! =)

When I got home from work, I had a sweet card from an adoption friend and another adoption friend surprised us with a box full of Korean goodies!  These two ladies are awesome and really pulled me through the last part of our wait for John McRae to come home with prayers, kind words and just really listening while I vented.  Not to say my non-adoption friends and family weren't great, but these two ladies really understood the anxiety, emotional hurt and just being really ticked off most of the time. ;) 


Lots of friends got good news yesterday concerning their adoptions, and I'm so ready to see them holding their babies really, really soon. =) 

If you are reading this, make sure to check out Leap of Faith's Facebook page.  Brooke informed me last night that her husband is working on our website.  So exciting!

It is a dreary Wednesday, but I had enough good things yesterday to pull me through until the weekend.  Mama and Granny are coming for a visit on Saturday.  So, that will be lots of fun!  Maybe we'll even get around to seeing PawPaw Johnson and Grandma Johnson over the weekend, too. If ReeRee has more snacks, we might drop by there, too!  Also, if my dear mother in law is reading this, some fried chicken would be nice as well! ;)

Lots of friends and family are needing prayer for sickness these days, so remember James 5:15-16. :)

Update on diet: I blew it again last night.  There's always today...right?  And if not, the folks carrying me will have to worry about it, not me!  Sorry, a little sick humor.  I apologize.

Lots of love and thankfulness,
The Benefields

No comments: