Wednesday, February 23, 2011

@23 Months.

Wow!  Next month, my baby will turn 2!  Boy has time flown since that energetic, smiling, loving Korean prince was placed in our ams on Aug. 26th.  In six short months, our lives have changed so much.  We can hardly remember life before (as cliche as that may sound) John McRae joined our family.  We thought we used to be busy.  Now, I often wonder what did I really do to utilize my time?  I had no excuse to not exercise, finish school work, clean house, go visit friends and family, etc.  Our lives have been filled with so much joy and happiness since becoming parents.  It is the greatest compliment we've ever received when we are told we are good parents and when comments are made about how happy our son is. God has surely blessed us.
I'm going to do 23 things at 23 months. 
John McRae...
1.) will say AMEN when praying.
2.) can now feed himself very well.
3.) loves to play outside.
4.) loves animals and makes a lot of animal sounds.
5.) enjoys drinking out of a cup with no lid.
6.) high fives, kisses, shakes hands, winks, and smiles showing all of his teeth and will show you how Cookie Monster eats a cookie.
7.) gives unsolicited kisses and hugs.
8.) loves watching and dancing to Barney DVDs.
9.) loves books,  especially Sesame Street books.
10.) can be very stubborn and is very demanding.
 11.) enjoys daycare and loves the staff there.
12.) rides much better than he used to as long as a Barney DVD is playing.
13.) still likes veggies better than meat, but is eating lots of new things.
14.) loves bath time, but dislikes putting his clothes back on!
15.) enjoys being around his grandparents.
16.) won't let his daddy out of his sight some evenings.
17.) enjoys when all three of us are in one room, doing the same thing.
18.) is afraid of the dark.
19.) is very hot natured.
20.) leads us around by reaching out for our finger and taking us where he wants to go.
21.) is now saying more words, and is trying to talk.  I don't think it will be too long now.
22.) loves to roar like a dino.
23.) has everyone wrapped around his precious little finger.

It's really clear that my baby is growing up really FAST!  I'm thinking I should have left him on a bottle longer than 6 days after he came home.   Maybe I should see if he'll take it back.  I'm kidding, of course. =) Even though I'm happy that he is a healthy, growing little guy, I'm already missing my baby.  He still has to sleep with me and is always wanting me to hold him, but his appearance is changing into a big boy!  I'm not sure on his exact weight right now, but he is close to 30 lbs and has grown several inches. 

So, that is an update on our little guy at 23 months old. 

No comments: