Monday, February 28, 2011

finalization here we come!

We completed the first step to finalization today.  We took the required documents to our attorney.  We are hoping for a court date w/in four weeks, but it might be closer to 6 weeks.  The judge does not come to our county but on certain days of the month.  Yes, we live in a small town.  I won't complain because I love our small town, and the people that live here.

From what I gathered today, we are waiting on the attorney to mail us something to take to JMc's doctor to state his age and where he stands regarding his physical and mental health.  I am assuming they will say he is not up to par because of his language.  He is doing really well, I think.  So, that will really tick me off.  He knows what we are saying, and comprehends most any word we say.  He just isn't talking yet.  He is doing a lot of jibber-jabbering, but not 3 word sentences like that charts says he should be doing.  Don't get me started on that chart...

Then, we will have a form to list all of his personal proprety.  Let's see.  Barney cards, Sesame Street books, some clothes and shoes and Barney DVD's.  That about wraps up the things that he can't do without. ;)

Then, we will wait on a court date and await his birth certificate.  Then, we can apply for a social security card.  Wow, does it really ever end.  Some folks would even say hurry and get his COC. 

So, that is what is going on right now with finalization.  I can't help but think it is going to be more hurry up and wait.  Oh yea, we kept Ha-su as a second middle name. :)  I couldn't stand the thought of taking that away from JMc.  That name and a onsie is all he has left of her.  I just couldn'd do it.  The name fits him perfectly.  Smile Happy.  In hopes that he would live happy with a happy smile.  See what I mean?  Have you seen this kid's smile?

Please be praying for my adoption friends (& their friends and families) who are with their kids now and about to fly home, who are days away from meeting their babies, and the ones still waiting on their travel call!
XOXO,
Stacy

No comments: