Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa

Missing him.
Today, and every day.
My grandfather was probably the best there ever was.
At age 2, I was cutting his hair.
Every summer until I started work in the 11th grade, I spent the summers with him and my grandma.
Sausage biscuits from McDonald's.
Going to work with him.
Going to the park to play.
Watching the race.
Playing jokes.
Tons of love.
I miss those email forwards that I never though much about.
I'm not one to read a forward that someone sends me, but to just have one more email pop up from him or one more instant message on AIM.
Staying up all night tracking Santa on tv on Christmas Eve.
Talking to him for the last time and telling him I love him just before he went into surgery and never woke back up.  Feeding him a banana and hearing him tell me he loved me for the last time.
Not only does this this day remind me of the good times, it is a very sad day because I can't help but think of that last meeting with him.
I know he is better now, and spending his birthday with Jesus, but we still miss him and love him so much.
I love you, too, mama.  I can't even imagine what this day is like for you.
If you are reading this, please pray for our family.
XOXO,
Stacy

No comments: