Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pre-Trial

We have our pre-trial set for Friday, March 11th.
Maybe we will get a courtdate to finalize before the end of the month.
I really wanted to be finalized before John McRae's birthday on the 21st.
I could be really bummed out and stop fighting this urge to cry,
but it is what it is...and I have the one thing that truly matters.
My son is home with us.  He's wonderful and healthy.
So, as I fight the urge of a full blown pitty party,
I'm thankful for our son.
I believe in God's timing.
The waits of the adoption process never get any easier, and then you find new adoption related issues to worry about.  With that said, it is worth it.  I'm thankful that this is the path that God chose for our first child.  I'm thankful for the friends I've met along the way, and the lessons learned.
I feel guilty for getting worked up today, because there are so many of you that do not have your children home, and some who are still waiting for a referral.
I remember the heartache of my son growing into a toddler, missing his "firsts," daydreaming of how he smelt and how it would feel the first time I held his sweet little warm body close to mine.
I know that is what you are all feeling.  Please know I pray for you all every day.  Also, the ones of you that went through the wait with me, I continue to think of you and pray for your families as well.
You can trust that when I say that, I'm not saying it out of habit.  I'm really doing it.

So, happy thoughts as we approach our pre-trial, John McRae's first birthday party with his forever family, finalization, and so many other things that we have going on in our little world right now.

Thank you to my friends and family who are always there cheerleading for Team Benefield.
It's that everyday contact that keeps me going.
You all know who you are and I love you!

XOXO,
Stacy

No comments: