Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Seoul Sisters! :)

I've been following ML's trip to Seoul at www.abrotherforbates.blogspot.com  If you haven't been, you are missing out.  Check it out!  You will laugh, cry, and feel God's love.

Sweet Olive is home and we can't wait to meet her.  While in Korea, Brooke delivered the photos we sent to JMc's foster mother.  I'm going to get Brooke or Todd to write down for me the experience when they have time because it is so touching and I want that memory as a keep sake for our son.  From what I've been told, JMc's foster mother is still referred to as Ha-su's foster mom.  JMc was not her first foster baby and she is currently fostering now, but Ha-su still holds a very special place in her heart.  She loves our boy so much and really, really wanted those pictures.  I'm so happy that she has them now, and I plan to send many, many more and maybe some video if I'm allowed.  My heart aches for her.  We are so very in love and attached to our son and she had him twice the amount of time we have.  She had him from 7 days old to 17 months old. I can't even imagine...Foster parents are amazing people.  In my heart, I want to foster because I know how much of a blessing JMc's foster family was to him and we will forever be grateful.  There is no way to put into words just how thankful we are of them.  In reality, I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to let go when the time comes. 

While following Brooke & ML's journey in Seoul, it makes me even sadder that we did not travel.  It's not that we didn't want to, it just didn't work for our family at the time.  We certainly plan to take JMc when he is older. Thankfully, ML is shopping for the traditional goodies that most people bring home with them.  I have full faith that she knows exactly what we need and would purchase if we were there.  I can't wait to see all of our Korean treasures! :) Thanks again, ML!!!

No comments: