Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sweet 28

I've been meaning to blog about Easter, but I think I'll skip to my birthday and then catch everyone up on Easter later in the week.  My 28th birthday (Yikes!) fell on a Friday, and the entire week prior, my boys were sick.  D had a high fever, back pain, etc.  On Thursday, JMc's daycare called and told me to come get him because he had to go to the doctor.  He had coughed through the night, but I thought it was due to drainage.  Poor boy's allergies have bothered him since he came home.  When I went to pick him up, he sounded like a hoarse duck.  It was so pitiful!  I grabbed him up, losing a shoe on the way to the car, and we headed to the new clinic in town.  (On the way, I called the daycare to please go find his shoe.) So with one shoe on and one shoe off, we went to see the doctor.  He was treated for the beginning of an ear infection and the croup.  For my mommy friends of Asian babies, you know about the ear wax.  Well, the doctor had to dig about 15 minutes before he could even tell that JMc's ears were red.  Any helpful hints on that subject would be greatly appreciated.  JMc got 2 medicines via shot, which totalled up to three shots because they gave the steroid in a split dose since it is so thick.  Poor baby was pitiful and his legs hurt from the shots.  I asked him where he hurt and he leaned down and kissed both of his legs individually.  An hour or so after we got home, he was feeling much better. I didn't send him to school the next day (my birthday).  He and I met Daniel and the Tilghman's for lunch.  It was a nice visit.  We always enjoy seeing Judah and her peeps. :)No pictures were taken of any of us, but this is the cute frame that they brought me for my birthday.
After lunch, JMc and I took a nap.

That was the extent of my birthday celebration.  Not very much fun at all, other than meeting for lunch.  No birthday cake, nothing special.  We had talked about going to the beach, but with everyone's health being so poor, it would have been a horrible trip, and a lot of wasted money.

Daniel did surprise me with a nice bracelet and a card.  He picked it out on his own. :)  It's a charm bracelet that he and JMc will add to through the years.  He chose the "I love you" and also the breast cancer ribbon in honor of my mom because he knew I'd be thinking of her over the Mother's Day weekend.


Jennifer got me this awesome frame. The wrapping was so pretty, that I hated to open it!

Emma surprised me with the lovely gift below. Love it!
My inlaws gave me the frame and flower below (and some cash!)
Mama and Daddy both gave me nice cards with cash enclosed.  I had several others send money cards, too.
I have about $200 birthday money that I'm trying to decide what I want to do with!

All in all, it was a good day and more than anything..I'm glad that my boys are feeling better!

Mother's Day was a part of my birthday weekend, too!  So no matter if a big deal was not made of my birthday or if I didn't get to do anything really fun, it was still the best birthday weekend ever because it was a first with John McRae.  Some said, "Happy First Mother's Day," but it wasn't my first Mother's Day.  The only difference was I was many, many miles from my son last Mother's Day.  He was very much a part of my life and I already loved him very much, he just wasn't physically there with me.  I'll never forget Emma calling me last Mother's Day to tell me that John McRae wanted her to tell me Happy Mother's Day!  My birthday weekend last year was spent at the beach.  D & I had an amazing time.  Honestly, I spent most of it thinking about how things would be this year and daydreaming about our little Ha-su that we were getting so close to bringing home from Korea. May was a very important month to us last year.  After many months of waiting for our process to move forward, we FINALLY saw some movement.  Lots of very important paperwork was completed in May 2010 and we officially began our 3 month wait til travel call. It's amazing how quickly time flies, and to look back and see just how much God has blessed me.
So, it was a big weekend for me!
I don't have a picture to post, but JMc (and Daniel) got me a very nice Fossil MSU watch and t-shirt for Mother's Day!  They know just what I like! :)

I also got Mother's Day cards from other folks, including my Mama & Daddy!  I think my very favorite card over the entire weekend is the one below!  It's a Mother's Day card from my sweet Ike & O. :)

XOXO,
Stacy 

No comments: