Friday, July 1, 2011

Thinking back

to this time last year.
Here is the our timeline from www.jmbenfield.com (our baby jelly beans site).

May


4th - Received Acceptance Email From Holt

13th - Received Legal Documents

OUR WAIT BEGINS

14th - Mailed I-600 Application

17th - Received Notice that I-600A Approval has been sent to Embassy!

27th - EP submitted!

June

25th - I-600 Approved!

28th - EP Approved!!!

July

1st - I-600 Forwarded to Embassy

Emma helped put together nursery furniture


To say the least, last summer was a very exiting one and it took all I had to keep from going insane waiting on the day that our little baby Bak Bak would make his appearance.  Yes, we called him that for 9 months because we could not decide on a name!

On the day that we got our EP approval, Emma and her family were visiting from NC.  If my memory serves me correctly, the Linn's and my dad went to lunch with me to celebrate such a huge milestone in the adoption process.

A year ago today, Emma was here with me.  We spent the evening of July 1, 2010 (into the wee morning hours of July 2nd) putting together JMc's nursery furniture.  Daniel was in the bed with pneumonia, and we were using what ever we could find to assist in putting together that furniture.  Considering we used a meat cleaver and dish rag for hammering, I think it all went together pretty well.  We were so sure JMc was going to love his cute little room and sleep peacefully in his new bed.  Um, not!  He's not spent enough time in that crib to even know what its original use is.  Now, it is in my bedroom filled with clothes, pillows and the other junk that I haven't wanted to put away.  Precious memories.  I sure wish I was spending the night with Emma Linn and her boys tonight!  I miss my Auntie Em today, like everyday, and hope that we can pull some sort of strings this summer to catch a quick look at one another.


Gosh, time flies.  Now, our precious little baby Bak Bak has been home for 10 months.  We can't remember life without him. He's definitely in his terrible twos, but he can be the sweetest little thing... when he wants to be!  I'm sure this time next year, I'll be reminiscing over this summer and the wonderful memories we have and will make in the coming months.



Any time our family gets together, it is always a fun time. We are all silly! :)





I sure miss Tuff.  Crying right now as I look at this picture. :*(

Grandma was so suprised.  We kept her party a secret!

Aren't they precious!

D-Lite & Miah


Gee and D

My Grandma and her children

Some of the girls :)

Emma with the birthday girl :)

Ha Ha Ha!

Who knew our kid would have ther personality of Owen?  We love it!

Me and my Auntie Em.


Love him!

Yummy watermelon


Gosh, I wish I could get some of that sweet sugar!!!



Grocery store feet.


Isn't she beautiful?

Ike was so into that show!

Me and my Sweet D.
XOXO,
Stacy

No comments: