Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Slacking

Occasionally, my Timehop app will remind me of an old blog post that I linked to my Facebook page and I'll click over and re-read it.  I then get a little irritated with myself that I no longer document our life on this blog.  It isn't as much for others to keep up with us as it gives me a place to go back to so that I can better remember what we have experienced together as a family.  Going back and reading blog posts from when J first came home really helps me to go back into that moment because my words are raw, fresh, real, exciting, and exhausted.  Life is much busier now and time seems to be passing by much more quickly that I ever thought possible. 

So, I'm going to start back by doing something with the kids that I really enjoyed after John McRae first joined our family.  I'm redoing the rules a little, though.  Each month, I'm going to post little tidbits about what the kids are doing.  No more 18 things at 18 months. I don't want to dig for stuff to document, I just want to be able to go back and remember the little things about my kids during their childhood.  Some of it may drive me crazy now, but I want to document it so I can look back and smile about it later.

Sadie at 19 (what?!?) months old
*She climbs on top of everything. John's bed, tables, our bed.
*She is waking up in the middle of the night some.   She yells, "MAMA MAMA MAMA!" as she waits no so patiently for me to enter her room.
*She's started enjoying watching TV in the car.  We are back to Barney at our house.
*She loves her brother and thinks he is the funniest person, ever.
*She has a constant cold.
*She says "Night Night" sweeter than anything else I've ever heard.
*She has a short fuse and throws a fit that I'd put up against any other terrible two's throwdown.
*She loves to eat and has to have a cup of juice when she is picked up in the evenings. She has it sucked down within a minute.
*She loves her daycare.
*She reminds me so much of my Grandma Johnson. They have so many of the same mannerisms and facial expressions.  Thank you God for that.  The world is a much better place with a little Betty Johnson in it.
*She wants whatever her brother gets. I mean the identical thing. If he gets a Yoo-Hoo, you better not give her a juice.
*She's tough.
*She loves playing with her baby dolls and it is the cutest. thing. ever.
*She still wants me to rock her to sleep.
*She loves books.

John - November 2014
*He reads like a machine.
*He still loves books and his sister is growing on him.
*He is obsessed with all things Power Ranger.
*His favorite thing to do is run around with a toy sword.
*He is back to watching Barney with his sister and still loves it.
*He still has to have someone lay down with him at bed time and rarely spends an entire night in his bed.
*He loves school and homework. Yes, he really does love homework.
*He is a clown and so funny, but is very stubborn and has the smartest little mouth at times.
*He is very polite and cares about other people's feelings.
*He will throw down with a fit from you know where, but comes to say he is sorry after he's had time to think about it.
*He has to get in the jacuzzi tub every night, because it makes him feel better.
*He had a terrible time after having a tooth filled last month. He missed almost a week of school/after school because of him biting the side of his mouth and lip.  You really would have had to seen it to believe just how bad it was. His dentist said he'd never witnessed anything like it.  I'd post a pic, but it is just too gross.
*He can't be trusted with the tv remote because he constantly has something recording.
And the biggie...
*He's mastered staying on GREEN at school and hasn't had his color changed in a couple months now. I hope I didn't just jinx it!

Parenting these two is tough at times because they are so strong willed and demanding, but their charm and whit make up for it.  I smile even when I'm at my whits end at times, because I know those 4 qualities may  make me want to lock myself in the bathroom on a daily basis will be the same ones that make me very proud as they grow older.





XOXO,
Stacy

No comments: